Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AliAlHinai

Barnyard2 test issue in windows 2008 server

4 posts in this topic

Dear All,

I am MSC student and I am currently in the project phase (two weeks remaining) : CRYING :  . My project requiring to install snort in windows and lucky I am that I found your website to do the installation in windows 2008 server standard. I followed all the steps mentioned in installing WINDS and when I reach the test barnyard2 by file by2-test.bat it return me error,

cannot connect to MySQL server on 'WINIDS' <111>

branyard2 exiting

database :closing connection to database "snort"  

I am running out of time and I need also to configure snort/winids to get the update files from a file server/not from internet  where this snort will communicate to that file server to get the update. Please if any body knows how to I will be grateful. Waiting your valuable support. 

Regards and Thanks,

Ali Alhinai

Make sure MySQL is running by verifying in task manager. Go back to the 'Configuring Barnyard2' section and make SURE it is applied correctly.

Dear Morpheus,

MySQL is running and even I did a restart for machine and still the same error.  if any further suggestion for troubleshooting please don't hesitate to communicate.

Thanks in advanced,

Hi

AliAlHinai, I encountered the same problem with barnyard2 I change barnyard.conf
at the connection to the database :
output database: log,  mysql,  user =snort  password =l1gg3r  dbname =snort  host = 127.0.0.1 port=3306  sensor_name = WinIDS-Home

on me the connection is established, but the file is still empty merged.log ...I'm waiting Morpheus to help me too.