dominic.fernandes@gmail.co

notepad2 and opensource.gz

2 posts in this topic

hi ,

Very nice document , it is indeed exhaustive and I appreciate the effort and initiative put in by Michael.

few small issues I faced so far.

somehow the notpad2 did not get loaded

I downloaded and installed notepad++ it works fine

secondly the file available on snort.org is opensource.tgz , while the document refers to opensource.gz , I believe they are both the same

3rd - I am installing on a windows 2003 server - the modder.vbs script installs .NET 4 extended however when I tried to run tartools it failed complaining about the .NET environment , I had to go to enable windows features and then enable .NET after which the error went away.

hi ,

Very nice document , it is indeed exhaustive and I appreciate the effort and initiative put in by Michael.

few small issues I faced so far.

somehow the notpad2 did not get loaded

I downloaded and installed notepad++ it works fine

secondly the file available on snort.org is opensource.tgz , while the document refers to opensource.gz , I believe they are both the same

3rd - I am installing on a windows 2003 server - the modder.vbs script installs .NET 4 extended however when I tried to run tartools it failed complaining about the .NET environment , I had to go to enable windows features and then enable .NET after which the error went away.

1) Wonder what else didn't happen when the modder.vbs file ran?

2) Sourcefire has updated their snort.org site in the past few days and there has been issues with the rules, and opensource files?

3) I'm not sure as that has never happened here. This is most likely an issue related to item 1

I'll look into item 2 and adjust to the new name.

Update: Several of the file names were changed on the snort.org site, and all the tutorials now reflect those changes.