fahmiff

Winids security console don't show any alert for icmp and udp protocols

7 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, sorry to bother you.I'm following the tutorial "Installing an Apache2 Web Server logging events to a MySQL Database" by Morpheus to my computer using windows 10 and it work, i can access the 'http://winids' on my browser. But i'm realize that my winids console dont show any alert for icmp and udp packet, so what i need to do to make the winids security console can work with icmp and udp packet. thank you so much.

icmp udp ra iso.PNG

Posted (edited)

On 5/10/2019 at 7:25 PM, Morpheus said:

Try this link

thank you and i'm already try that, and it work it gives many udp and icmp alert. 

so what should I do next. do I have to delete test.rule from snort.conf? because its give thousand alert.

Edited by fahmiff
i have other question.

19 hours ago, Morpheus said:

Do as the topic instructs to remove it.

thank you, but when i'm trying to checking my winids system using angry ip scanner it doesn't give any alert. i try to ip scan my computer that installed with winids security control using angry ip scanner but the winids doesn't give any alert. what should i do to make my ids can detect any attack especially with icmp packet? 

thank you so much for your help.

On 5/13/2019 at 6:12 PM, Morpheus said:

Try here

thank you i'm already make sure that my setting are right like that. do you have any suggestion malware software attacker to test the winids system because im already trying to attack using beast trojan and my winids system didn't show any alert.

thank you so much for your help