Raymer

HTTP500 internal server error

7 posts in this topic

hi everyone,

let me say first : I'm really a novice in all the sense of the world, that aside I have fallow every single part of the tutorial triple check all setting but I'm still getting that error, the weird part is that the test.php is successful but after I finish the tutorial and went to http://winidis/ I get the directory and http://winids/base_main.php I get error 500, I check in the IIS and notice the directory browsing was enable so I turn it off and I got error 403.

so to sum it up:

with Directory browsing disable http://winidis/ give me = error 403 + error 500 on http://winids/base_main.php

with Directory browsing enable http://winidis/ give me = get the page on the attachment + error 500 on http://winids/base_main.php

thx in advance;

ATT: Raymer Rodríguez

winids.jpg

Edit:
  forgot to mention i check the forum for my tutorial and read all post but still no dice
Edit 2: I try to reinstall the whole configuration and testing and went I was around the Pear process I notices the warning and is asking me to run a regedit entry as well as it only install 3 out the 11  PEAR packages (it install it all of them the first time  I run it) (did run the update after I notice the msg and still same result).

pear msg 1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Item 1: Go back to the section titled Configuring IIS for PHP, and the Windows Intrusion Detection Systems security console and complete again.

Item2: It appears there was a time delay for some reason. Try it again. Make sure your not routing through a proxy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

Item 1: Go back to the section titled Configuring IIS for PHP, and the Windows Intrusion Detection Systems security console and complete again.

Item2: It appears there was a time delay for some reason. Try it again. Make sure your not routing through a proxy.

hi and thx for the reply, I just finish redoing the part of the tutorial you instructed me to do and I get the following error:

https://ibb.co/ff04eS

https://ibb.co/dbmMR7

as for the proxy, I'm installing in a virtualbox machine (Server2016) Network attachment set to 'Bridge mode'
since this is my first time trying this installing I don't want to run it on any of the server till I can get it working 100%.

thx in advance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What happens when put the test.php file in d:\winids\inetpub\wwwroot\base folder and then from a  browser type http://winids/test.php

Attach your php.ini file located in the d:\winids\php folder

Attach your applicationHost.config  file located in the C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv folder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Morpheus said:

What happens when put the test.php file in d:\winids\inetpub\wwwroot\base folder and then from a  browser type http://winids/test.php

Attach your php.ini file located in the d:\winids\php folder

Attach your applicationHost.config  file located in the C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv folder.

hi again,
1.went I try to browse this happen https://ibb.co/ff04eS (same msg event after reconfiguring one more time before responding)
2. the 3 file are on the zip
3. the last file you ask for I found it in C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv\config, not in  C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv

thx a lot for the help; I maybe planning on doing a fresh install on a new virtual machine but this time using apache in stead of IIS. (depend on free time since I got to get ready for my monograph at university, and tomorrow ill be getting all the details on what to do)

PHP ini and test.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You need to change line 900 in the php.ini

  • Change from: ;extension=php_mysql.dll
  • Change to: extension=php_mysql.dll

Your PHP in IIS is not configured correctly.

Stop the IIS server, copy the file in the attached zip to the C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv\config folder, and restart the IIS server.

applicationHost.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Morpheus said:

You need to change line 900 in the php.ini

  • Change from: ;extension=php_mysql.dll
  • Change to: extension=php_mysql.dll

Your PHP in IIS is not configured correctly.

Stop the IIS server, copy the file in the attached zip to the C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv\config folder, and restart the IIS server.

applicationHost.zip

hello again,

Morpheus , that did the trick, thanks a lot
https://ibb.co/dkb1uS

to think I miss that line all the time I check the conf. file. I think I was too  block to event notice it.

as for the file thanks there was no way I could have guess or find that was a problem.

time to generate some traffic again xD;

again thx a lot for you help and time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now