bogdan50

Weird php errors

8 posts in this topic

I've done everything by the book, with the exception of having Snort under C:\Snort, and all tests passed.

However I get this when I type http://winids (cut off like that):

nk_field_string, $add_button_string) in D:\WinIDS\inetpub\wwwroot\base\includes\base_state_citems.inc.php on line 1398 PHP Warning: Declaration of ICMPFieldCriteria::Description() should be compatible with ProtocolFieldCriteria::Description($human_fields) in D:\WinIDS\inetpub\wwwroot\base\includes\base_state_citems.inc.php on line 1438 PHP Warning: Declaration of ICMPFieldCriteria::PrintForm() should be compatible with MultipleElementCriteria::PrintForm($field_list, $blank_field_string, $add_button_string) in D:\WinIDS\inetpub\wwwroot\base\includes\base_state_citems.inc.php on line 1438 PHP Warning: Declaration of DataCriteria::PrintForm() should be compatible with MultipleElementCriteria::PrintForm($field_list, $blank_field_string, $add_button_string) in D:\WinIDS\inetpub\wwwroot\base\includes\base_state_citems.inc.php on line 1634 PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Cannot use string offset as an array in D:\WinIDS\inetpub\wwwroot\base\includes\base_state_common.inc.php:47 Stack trace: #0 D:\WinIDS\inetpub\wwwroot\base\base_main.php(60): InitArray('', 1, 3, '') #1 {main} thrown in D:\WinIDS\inetpub\wwwroot\base\includes\base_state_common.inc.php on line 47

Exactly cut off like that.

Any ideas?

I've created a portscan.log file since did not exist

Also my php.ini does not have a extension=php_mysql.dll but a extension=php_mysqli.dll with an i. Probably because it's the latest version.

Windows 10 64bit, Firefox or Internet Explorer, barnyard and snort services running

BTW This is the most comprehensive install tutorial I've seen

Edit 1

After some double checking I realized that the Barnyard2 service is running (svrany) but not the barnyard2.exe. I am now launching barnyard2.exe manually with the following command:

barnyard2.exe -c d:\winids\barnyard2\etc\barnyard2.conf -d c:\snort\log -f merged.log -l d:\winids\barnyard2 -w c:\snort\log\barnyard.waldo

which works fine. The IIS still does not work!

I have no idea what you are doing but you are working on a non-standard (not following tutorial) and it is really hard to diagnose problems.

Note: PHP that is supported in the tutorial has extension=php_mysql as an option.

There are a couple of solutions:

1. Preform a complete reinstall and follow the tutorial.
  2. I am available for a one on support, and I guarantee to get it 100%. However, there is a $250 US fee and I would need remote access to the PC. Everything will be installed on one device, and the OS has to be one that is officially supported, and memory has to be a minimum of 3 gigs for non-server and 6 gigs for server.

Unfortunately I can't afford 250 now. But I can live with just the output from barnyard for now.

I suspect it's the newer version of the PHP that I'm using that is causing all the problems. The test.php actually works!

Thanks.

11 hours ago, bogdan50 said:

I suspect it's the newer version of the PHP that I'm using that is causing all the problems. The test.php actually works!

Only use the versions that are detailed in the tutorial. There MIGHT be a failure by using newer/older versions. If you are using PHP 7.x then the BASE console will not work, and PHP is only installed for that one program.

Note: It is possible to run multiple versions of PHP at the same time.

Yes, it works now, thanks!

Did two things though:

1. Got the exact PHP version (did not work! different error)

2. Changed the extension from mysqli to mysql in php.ini (worked!)

I only used mysqli.dll because I could not find mysql.dll in the mysql folder. I tried to be one step ahead I guess.

Remember: The Windows Intrusion Detection Systems security console (BASE) will never work with PHP-7

18 hours ago, bogdan50 said:

I've created a portscan.log file since did not exist

Do not preform function if it's not detailed in the tutorial. The portscan.log will be created when it is needed.