belnando

Blank Security Console

3 posts in this topic

HI there, I am currently trying the installation of winsnort, the installation seems to have gone well, but the security console is blank when I run the test.  I have read the threads on this forum and it seems as though the main problem is between IIS and PHP not saving the script etc.  This is not my case however, the handler and the document seems to have saved the info. which was inputted.

All the tests that were to be run, seem to run fine as I have not noticed any errors. I have also checked the conf and ini files and they look fine to me also but I am no expert so I could be overlooking things.  I have attached my files to see if anyone can determine where I am going wrong. Hopefully I can get this fixed shortly.  Thanks in advance for your support.

Cheers
Belnando

barnyard2.conf

base_conf.php

php.ini

snort.conf

Thanks for your response, however I decided to scrub and start over. Initially I got the same woes but eventually I think the problem boiled down to what others were saying, which is that IIS was not saving the setup info. for php.  In my case, even though the info. was actually registered in IIS, it was still not being recognised.

I had to re-input the info. a few times before it actually worked.  So for those who may be experiencing similar woes, I just had to keep inputting the info. till it worked.. by the way I am using Windows 7.
Thanks
Belnando!