michael_b

SMTP server: authentication / TLS

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

Is it possible to add TLS & authentication support to the EventWatchNT tool? I would like to use a simple gmail address to send the mails, but that seems to be impossible with the eventwatchnt tool. 

Or, do you know about other good tools that can accomplish something similar?

Regards

It's been here for a very long time and just works for basic purposes. I think Windows will now actually allow email notifications as part of its core functions for triggered events. 

You might try looking at this

I'm sure there are a few way to go this. Search for sending email alerts on windows events. The above should do the trick, or possibly something similar. Let me know if this helps and it could be a good alternative to the existing way its documented.

Hi,

This topic got me pretty excited to work out a solution using my own mail application, which I've set up a while ago. I've dug around a bit, and found the following: http://blogs.technet.com/b/jhoward/archive/2010/06/16/getting-event-log-contents-by-email-on-an-event-log-trigger.aspx

I'll be working on this, and update you once I have this fully functional.

Cheers,

Hi,

This topic got me pretty excited to work out a solution using my own mail application, which I've set up a while ago. I've dug around a bit, and found the following: http://blogs.technet.com/b/jhoward/archive/2010/06/16/getting-event-log-contents-by-email-on-an-event-log-trigger.aspx

I'll be working on this, and update you once I have this fully functional.

Cheers,

​Sounds great, Let us know how it works out, and we can fix up a tutorial.