michael_b

Windows SBS 2011 Standard support

9 posts in this topic

Hello,

Is there any way to modify the install so that this guide can also be used for a Small Business Server 2011? The modder.vbs gives me a warning that the OS is not supported.

Open a CMD window and type: reg query "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion" /v CurrentVersion

Note: you should get something like the below. In this case the "CurrewntVersion" number is 6.9. You should be seeing something different "CurrentVersion" because of the warning message received.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion
    CurrentVersion    REG_SZ    6.9

Open the 'modder.vbs' file with a text editor. Go to line 16 and add the new "CurrentVersion" number, and save the file.

Example below is based on the "CurrentVersion" of 6.9 above:

Case 6.0, 6.1, 6.2, 6.3, 6.9:

Thanks for the quick answer.

Running the above command gives me:

CurrentVersion   REG_SZ     6.1

However, line 16 of modder.vbs already reads as:

Case 6.0, 6.1, 6.2, 6.3:

So it seems 6.1 is already added. The exact error message that I receive is given in the attached image. I took a screenshot of the version command and output as well. And to be sure a screenshot of the modder file as well.

Snort.PNG

currentversion.PNG

modder.PNG

Edited by michael_b
added version command screenshot, added modder screenshot

Make SURE you have installed all the updates from the Windows update server, and make sure you are executing the modder.vbs from a command window that has administrator privileges.

If the above is true then:

Open the modder.vbs file and change line 12 to:

getVersionNumber = 6.1

All the above was true so changed the line. The script has run now. Will report back once everything is completed :).

Thanks

This is a perfect guide. All is running fine on SBS2011. I just need to complete the post-installation tasks. 

Thank you very much. Only two very, very small mistakes in the guide:

-adding entry to hosts through the modder script. In case there's already an entry in the hosts file, the winids entry is copied right next to the last existing entry, without spaces
-unzip -oqq d:\temp\php-5.6.7 -nts-Win32-VC11-x64.zip -d d:\winids\php => here is one space too much, between 5.6.7 and -nts

Regards

Not sure about the hosts without a screen shot.

Fixed the space in the other issue.

Thanks...

Not sure as it looks like the hosts file was corrupted prior to the modder.vbs inserting its line. Looks like a localized incident but will note it, and see if it appears again.

Thanks...